What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer or mobile device when you first visit one of our web pages.
- Certain cookies contain personal information, for example if you click on a "remember me" button when login in a cookie will store your username.
- Most cookies will not collect information that personally identifies you. They will collect more general information such as how users arrive at and use our websites, or a user's general location.
What cookies do we use?
Generally our cookies perform up to four different functions:
Strictly necessary cookies-
- These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- These are cookies that allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors to this website and see how visitors move around the website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- These cookies are used to recognise your device when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
Ad management cookies
Advertisements on the Website are provided by-
Our advertising partners will serve advertisements that they believe are most likely to be of interest to you, based on information about your visit to the Website and other websites. In order to do this, our advertising partner may need to place a cookie on your computer. These cookies hold information about the computer - they don't hold personal information about you (ie it's not linked to you as an individual).
For more information about this type of online behavioural advertising, about cookies, and about how to turn this feature off, please visit http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/
Please note that turning off advertising cookies won't mean that you are not served any advertising merely that it will not be tailored to your interests.
We have no control over third party cookies.
These cookies are likely to be analytical/performance cookies or tracking cookies.
Third party cookies cannot be used to identify you personally; they can only be used for statistical analysis, for example to provide you with adverts that are more relevant to your interests.
If you are based in the European Union and would like to learn more about how advertisers use these types of cookies or to choose not to receive them, please visit http://www.youronlinechoices.eu If you are based in the United States and would like to learn more, please visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices
If you would like to disable third party cookies you can do so by going to the relevant third party website and opting out there.
Please note that if you opt out of third party advertising cookies, you will still continue to receive advertising when using the website, however that advertising will not be tailored to you.
How to control and delete cookies
However, if you wish to restrict or block the cookies which are set by our website, or indeed any other website, you can do this through your browser settings. The "Help" function within your browser should tell you how to activate the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies.
Alternatively you may wish to visit www.aboutcookies.org which contains comprehensive information about how to restrict or block cookies on a wide variety of browsers. You will also find information about how to delete cookies from you machine as well as more general information about cookies.
PLEASE NOTE THAT IF YOU USE YOUR BROWSER SETTINGS TO BLOCK ALL COOKIES (INCLUDING ESSENTIAL COOKIES), YOU MAY NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS ALL OR PARTS OF OUR SITE.